- The Rhodes Mill, located in the City of Fertile (pop. 362) was built by the town's founder who came to Iowa in 1858. The building was restored in 1971 and is now the Rhodes Mill Retreat, a general retreat/events center with rooms for guest accommodations. The Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Grafton Heritage Depot, located in the City of Grafton (pop. 248), was built in 1878 by the Chicago-Milwaukee and St. Paul Railroad on the branch line from Mason City. The Grafton Community Action organization purchased the depot in December 1974. In June 1976, the depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and now is being used as a railroad museum and local heritage center.
- Worth Brewing Co. and the Beehive Ballroom, located in the city of Northwood (pop. 1,970) are within the IOOF-Erickson Building, which opened in 1896. When the building first opened, the Bee Hive Department store served customers on the ground floor and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Hall on the second floor played host to many events. In 2016 the building received an "Iowa at its Best" award for historic preservation.
- Cafe Mir, founded in Fertile in 2017, follows the philosphy of using ingredients that are available locally to "embody community and localism".